Welcome to my trip!
As I finished my Bachelor in Summer 2017, and after two different Internships, I have decided to take a second year off to do my own little project. I will start my Masters in St. Gallen in September 2019, which gives me around 14 months time to travel. On this page you can read all about my journey from Zurich to Capetown on a bicycle.
Follow me on Instagram or Facebook
- When does my trip begin? – June 19th, 2018 and I finished on May 18th 2019
- How far is the distance? – I did 18,580 KM.
- How long will your trip take? – Roughly 1 year
- Will you have transportation? – Only my bike and a flight from Athens to Cairo
- Who will join you? – This is a solo expedition. However anyone can join me for short duration at any point of the expedition
- How can I help? – I will set up a fundraiser for the family run Foundation of my former Business Administration Professor at the University of St. Gallen. For every donation made I will send a handwritten postcard
- Is it safe? – It is as safe as I am prepared for
- Where will you be sleeping? – The homes of strangers, camping in the wild, schools, churches and police stations along my route
- How much will it cost? – roughly around 10’000$ will be available for daily expenses. Equipment costs are separate
- How did you save up that money? – Through my two Internships at UBS & Bosch. I still live at home so it’s easier
- How will you get back? – I will take an airplane from Cape-Town back home
- How many kilometers do you want to cycle per day? – Between 50-100 km, probably more per day in Europe than in Africa
- What does your Mother think about your Trip? – She thinks I am crazy, however she loves the idea and really supports me
- Why on a bike? – Because I have the time, the power and the desire to do so. I have never done a cycle trip before, but I only heard good things about it
- Why alone? – You are free to do whatever when you travel alone, you don’t need to ask anyone about anything. Of course it would be very nice as well to do it with a friend, to share the memories, but as you can imagine it’s hard to find someone that wants to cycle for that long
- Did you cycle before? – Yes, I started with road-cycling in 2017, but you don’t need to do cycling before such a trip, you will get used to it faster than you think
- When did you finish? I finished on May 18th 2019